Safe, effective radiology services in rural Wyoming
When you need answers about your health, our skilled radiology team can help you get them with sophisticated medical imaging. Radiology imaging allows physicians to see inside the body, and it is a key diagnostic tool for identifying and/or ruling out medical problems, as well as diagnosing and treating disease. We offer a variety of radiology services, including:
- Bone densitometry (DEXA)—used to measure bone mineral density.
- Computed tomography (CT) scan—used to create cross-sectional images of the body.
- Digital mammography— we use the latest 3D Tomosynthesis technology to examine breast tissue and identify breast cancer or other concerns.
- Fluoroscopy—used to obtain real-time moving images of the body.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)—used to detect everything from ligaments or cartilage tears in the knee to brain disease. Nearly every region of the body can be evaluated using the powerful magnetic field of our MRI.
- Nuclear medicine—used to diagnose a variety of diseases, it includes bone scans, thyroid scans and thallium cardiac stress tests.
- Ultrasound—used to diagnose the causes of pain, swelling and infection in the body’s internal organs, and to examine fetuses.
- General x-rays—used to diagnose everything from broken bones to arthritis to cancer.
Image diagnostic readings and interpretations are provided by Medical Imaging Associates of Idaho.
Combining state-of-the-art radiology equipment and exceptional technicians, to bring you unparalleled care
Star Valley Medical Center is proud to offer imaging services using the most technologically advanced equipment available. With more than 12,000 scans performed each year, our team of experienced radiology technologists deliver precise imagery to inform your diagnosis or course of treatment.
Please note: For their safety, children may not accompany you into the exam room. Please bring another adult to stay with them in the waiting area.
Everything we do is designed for your utmost comfort and safety. That is why we use the least amount of radiation possible to obtain the necessary images. If you have any questions or concerns about these services, please let us know. To learn more about Star Valley Medical Center’s radiology services, call 307-885-5822 or schedule an appointment using our easy online form.