Guiding you back, one step at a time, through effective therapy and rehabilitation services.
Whether you’re recovering from joint replacement surgery, a stroke, or are anxious to return to daily activities following an injury, Star Valley Medical Center’s physical therapy and rehabilitation specialists can help. We are dedicated to helping you heal—and reach optimal function and mobility.
Achieve optimal joint and muscle function with custom therapy programs
Physical therapy and rehabilitation are essential for restoring function and mobility to your body. It is also often recommended following a surgical procedure, or as part of continuing care for a chronic illness.
Our expert team of therapists will develop a program tailored to your unique needs, so you can get back to enjoying your life, family and independent living. SVMC’s therapy offers a full continuum of rehabilitation services in inpatient, outpatient, school, and home health settings. Depending on your unique situation, our physical therapy and rehabilitation sessions may include:
- Therapeutic exercises to increase flexibility, range of motion, coordination, and endurance
- Balance training and fall prevention
- Heat packs and cold compresses to reduce swelling, and relieve pain
- Electrical stimulation
- Ultrasound therapy
- Cognitive skills development
- Manual therapy
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Assistive and adaptive device training (including crutches, prosthesis, orthotics and wheelchairs)
- Home exercise instructions
- Gait training
- Traction for back and neck pain
- Trigger point dry needling (Acupuncture)
- Patient education